1. Shahrukh Khan is one of the wealthiest actors in the world. He started his career in 1988 with the television TV series, Fauji (Soldier) and when he tried to star in Bollywood movies, actresses weren’t exactly falling over themselves to work with him. Today, young actresses who are half of his age want to romance with him on a silver screen, what an influence SRK has on them. So, It is no surprise that he actually makes more than big Hollywood celebs such as Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp but only comes 2nd to American comedian Jerry Seinfeld on the list of top-earning actors.
2. King Khan is India’s most-loved poster boy and more boldly graced covers of some of the most popular foreign magazines. Khan has made it to several. He was the first Indian male actor who was approached by Time magazine for a cover photo, for their 2004 special report Asia’s Heroes 20 under 40. Recently. Srk has become the first Indian superstar to feature on the cover of Forbes Middle East and topping their list of Top Indians in the Arab World. He immediately flew to Dubai for the launch of the edition in May.
3. Shahrukh is Bollywood’s most prominent romantic hero. Every Indian can quote a dialogue from Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (DDLJ, 1995); the film which shot him to stardom. With his long hair, piercing eyes and naughty smile, King Khan thousands of young girls die-hard fan of his looks, who still hold on to posters from the film. DDLJ is Bollywood’s longest-running movie, and you can always catch a matinée show at the Maratha Mandir theatre in Mumbai today. In fact, when the arena decided to scrap the film from its list earlier this year, the outcry from the crowds forced the cinema management to change the decision.
4. Shahrukh has global appeal; when My Name is Khan was announced as part of the entertainment line-up at the Berlin International Film Fair in 2012, tickets sold out in five seconds after being auctioneered on eBay for a whopping €1,000 each. Khan’s fandom is such that it exceeds geographical boundaries. A German journal once stated that the Bollywood superstar was as famous as the Pope. SRK- Universe, one of the actor’s biggest online fan clubs, has close to 2 million followers worldwide.
5. King Khan has won many awards. No wonder why Khan is called the most bankable actor in Bollywood. Along with Bollywood legend Dilip Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan is the only other actor to have won eight Filmfare awards, making him the unchallenged top actor in the industry. Khan also holds the record for the highest number of Best Actor nominations in a single year.