I am way beyond socially awkward and have realised that my innate weirdness/awkwardness has given birth to some horrifying and embarrassing moments.
- When I get introduced to someone, I don’t know and once we know each other’s names; I sometimes stand there wondering what to say because, I suck at small talk, big talk, and any sort of talk.
- It’s your birthday, and people are live “Happy Birthday,” So of course you say “You too!!!”
- If I see someone I know so I do the natural thing hide my face/run/duck or do all of the above.
- when people don’t pay attention to what you are saying or they’re ignoring you so you shut up and try to disappear and hope no one sees.
- Some attractive turns up so you get your hotness on. And then they ask you if you’re okay, in a “is this person a creep” voice.
- And finally….making phone calls. Honestly, nothing even has to happen here for it to scar you.
If any socially awkward person reading this: don’t think you are alone. That’s all and I have nothing to make you feel better.